You have a promo code…now what?
Here’s how it works:
- Go to my store and add what you want to buy to your cart.
- When you’re checking out, find the “Discount Code” box on the lower-right next to the address information and below the pricing. Don’t confuse it with the “Gift Certificate” box – it’s the next one down.
- Enter your discount code there and click “Apply to Order”
- The amount of your discount will appear below and the price will update above.
Buy how do I know how much I’ll get off BEFORE I check out?
All of my products are printed by a “Print on Demand” service. Basically, that means that when you buy one of my photos the order goes to the printer, they charge you, and I get my cut from them. That means that my promo code only applies to “my cut,” – not including frames, mats, accessories, and so on. Here are some examples:
$ off Promotions
- If the promo code is for $50 off and you buy something where my cut is $100, you get all $50 off.
- If the promo code is for $50 off and you buy anything where my cut is less than $20, you only get $20 off and you will lose the balance.
% off Promotions – This is where it gets weird and I hardly ever offer these
- If the promo code is for 20% off and you buy something where my cut is $20, you get $4 off.
- If the promo code is for 20% off and you buy something where my cut is $100, you get $20 off.
Ok, but how do I know what your cut is?
You can find my cut by going to any of my photos, selecting the product and size you want, and clicking the little “Show Price Details” link under the price, then look at the price in the “Print” section as shown below.
As of 11/25/2018 that number is $5.00 over my cut, so for this example you’d get $20 off, and if you bought two you’d get $40 off.
But mugs, iPhone cases, and other stuff doesn’t have a “Show Price Details” link!
My print service currently does not show my cut on products, so you won’t know the value of the promotion until the check-out process.
What if I I have a $20 promo code and only get $10 off this purchase, can I come back and use the remaining $10 later?
Sorry, unless I specifically state it can be used more than once, each code can only be used once so you’ll lose the balance. I rarely offer promo codes that can be used more than once, but if I do you can use the code again for the full value.
My promo code doesn’t work!
If you have a promo code that isn’t working, send me a message with your code to let me know and I’ll get it fixed right away.